Words - Chapter 1


The beginning of At The Well

 

The idea for these short stories that I am writing about for At The Well, come from the Bible story of The Samaritan Woman in John 4:10. This is the story of the Samaritan Woman who came to the well and there has an encounter with a Jewish man who was sitting there and has asked her for a drink of water. In John 4:10 the Samaritan woman had no idea how her life would change upon meeting and talking with this Jewish man At The Well.  

This is my story.

I came to The Well lost, broken, confused and alone. There I came face to face with reality. I remembered hearing Words calling out to me saying, “just listen.”

Fearful about recent choices I had made over a young life span, I sat and listened. These Words being spoken were soft and clear. I realized that I did not need to run anymore. The Words were so comforting that I sensed the chaos in my life at this moment being lifted away.

These Words that were calling me were enveloped by a sweet presence and was addressed only to me. As I continued to listen, these Words began to open my heart and I knew that I did not need to protect myself, but rather open my heart and allow the “light of that presence” to come in.

The stillness I felt as I listened to Words of Hope, made my darken heart feel a Peace like I had never known. A peace that felt pure, good, quiet and right. I can only describe the moment, like a clear and calm flowing river gently passing along the green pastures of my heart and mind.

This moment in time was so unique and the silence of this peace quieted my mind and calmed my thoughts and fears. I knew that I had to “come and see.”Not being aware of what was calling me, I raised my hand and I came forward. As I did, I knew that something special was happening. Something new and real was taking place within my heart.

I did not feel afraid or ashamed. I wanted more of the Words, more of the Peace and more of the Presence.

There At The well, I was freed from the heaviness in my heart and I could begin to feel the tears streaming down my face.
   The Tears of burdens
   Tears of struggles and
   Tears of broken dreams.
  
   The Tears of unspoken wounds,
   Tears of heartaches,
   Tears of hurtful words and
   Tears of wrongful deeds.

   The tears of joy
   Tears of forgiveness and
   Tears of loss.

   The Tears of freedom from sin,
   Tears of hope,
   Tears of a gentle love and
   Tears of reconciliation with God.

 If you only knew the gift God has for you and who I Am, you would ask Me and I would give you Living Water.’   John 4:10

Comments

  1. Please pray for Cystal Morales and her family as they are dealing with the anniversary of their son's passing from earth to Heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”