My Hiding Place - Chapter 6






I have returned to the one place I do not enjoy being at.

This place is not a place of refuge, but rather the opposite.

Why am I back at this place where I do not like to be at?

And how did I get back here?

This place is:

       A place of anxiety.

       A place of restlessness all day and all night.

       A place of confusion.

       A place of without peace.

       This place has no time.

Oh let me run to The Well, where I know that I can

Find guidance and rest. There I will pour out my heart 

At The Well and I shall gather up Strength, then Joy

And Hope as I have so many times before.

After my heart has been filled and my soul satisfied,

I will be Refreshed and Thankful for knowing such Love and Comfort.

I will continue to come to The Well, for I so love to be here!

I can now look back and reflect on that precious place 


where I thought I did not Enjoy being and I realize 

the importance of this place that always leads me to The Well!

This place is a road that few would choose because the

Path is narrow and straight. Every time I walk this path,

I am reminded that one day this place will become a

Blessing to me in its own time.

Where is this place you wonder? 

This place is where the Lord meets me

And will ask me to "surrender."

And I shall continue to return to this place again and again.


Psalm 32:1-7  Living Bible version

What happiness for those whose guilt has been forgiven! 
What joys when sins are covered over!
What relief for those who have confessed their sins 
and God has cleared their record.
There was a time when I wouldn’t admit what a sinner I was.
But my dishonesty made me miserable and filled my days with frustration.
All day and all night your hand was heavy on me.
My strength evaporated like water on a sunny day until I finally 
admitted all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide them.
I said to myself, “I will confess them to the Lord.” 
And you forgave me!  All my guilt is gone.
Now I say that each believer should confess their sins to God
when they are made aware of them,
while there is yet time to be forgiven,
and Judgment will not touch them if they do.
Oh Lord you are my hiding place from every storm of life, 
You even keep me from getting into trouble! 
You surround me with songs of victory.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”