One Day In Heaven - Chapter 7










Have you woken up in the morning feeling so refreshed and without pain? Your knees feel pretty good and your hip isn’t stiff? You feel like you can do anything today and begin to wonder, "Well how am I going to use this awesome day"?

For those of us who come from the hippy era of the 60’s, you may very well understand this next story about “the aches and pain” that we will continue to have them on this journey. As we continue to age we are reminded that our body is but a tent that is too quickly wearing out.

Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor Him in your youth before you grow old and no longer enjoy living. It will be too late then to remember Him, when the light of the sun and moon and stars are dim to your old eyes, and there is no silver lining left among the clouds. Your limbs will tremble with age and your strong legs will grow weak. Your teeth will be too few to do their work and you will be blind too.    Ecclesiates 12:1-3

I awoke this morning and this tired body wasn’t in pain. "Oh my, I thought perhaps I am in Heaven." I ran out to The Well and I was so happy to be able to run and to share with those already At The Well, just how good I was feeling. There was no joint pain, my body did not ache, my back did not hurt nor was there any stiffness in my neck or shoulders. I was walking taller and free from pain!

I was alive and happy to have this wonderful day. Oh, “thank you, Lord” every so often you bless me with a free day without pain! Is this what Heaven would be like, I asked? The elderly lady next to me was smiling and just nodded with a look of understanding.

“What should I do today?I quietly said a prayer unto to the Lord asking Him to use me today for whatever He has for me to do. Let the words of my mouth reach someone that needs to know about your wonderful works.
Today is an awesome day! Let me enjoy your blessing upon this body and bring you Glory, while the day is still young!

I played with the children while my dear young friend was talking with another young mother that was there At The Well. She mentioned that she had some errands to finish before getting home, so I offered to take the children to the library while she did her errands without any interruptions. She was so grateful to accept my offer. While in the library we read some books before walking down to the park to get an ice cream for our walk back home.

What a wonderful day it has been filled with fun and energy that I didn’t want this beautiful day to end. Now as I laid me down to sleep, I looked back on this wonderful day and wondered how did I use the strength given to me today?
·        Did I selfishly use my strength for my own gain today?
·        Did I squander this wonderful miracle that you gave me today?

Oh Lord, “thank you’ that I helped the elderly lady draw from The Well and that I prayed for her to continue to be blessed and strengthen. And Lord, “thank you” because the children and I sat at the park today and we shared about the beauty that you created which was all around us; the trees, the grass, the birds and even the cute little puppy that came over to play! Oh Lord, “thank you” that the children were reminded of how much You love them because we said a prayer for “Mommie.”

May we never stray away from our Fathers’ work when given the opportunity, and may we continue to make every day "A day in Heaven" to those that meet us along the way while we are here on earth.   
Closing with wise words from the Preacher, Solomon

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is the whole duty of man.
For God will bring every work into judgment,
Including every secret thing,
Whether good or evil.  
                  Ecclesiates 12:13 – 14

This short story is dedicated to a friend, David Sharp


Comments

  1. Amen!Thank you Lydia for another powerful reminder n promise from our King Jesus!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”