Some 1 - Chapter 14



Today I met a young man At the Well. He had his two young children with him and a very heavy heart. I have seen this young man before. His wife would daily come here with the children.

I wondered what had this young, strong man in such a state of brokenness. I did not know how to approach him, so I quietly began to pray for him. This is the only thing I know and believe that can help, so I continued to pray.

At The Well you cross many paths and see many different faces. Some enjoy coming to The Well while others look tired. Some are always in a hurry while others are cheerful and have a calming aura. Yet some seem angry and unhappy, and you can see that they are hurting inside.

But today, this young man is different. He tends to the children and is helping others. His eyes are so sad. You can sense that his strength has been taken and there is no joy in his voice. His mind is distracted and his face looks worried and hurt.

I smile at him and he smiles back and says, “Good morning,” and we exchange pleasantries and so I said, "your children are very active, how old are they," and he quickly responded 4 and 6.

We continue in a short conversation about the children and I remembered to ask about his wife. This time his response wasn’t quick. He bows his head and with tears he looks up to say that they are divorcing.

Oh no! My heart hurts for this young man, for his children and for his wife. As I reach for his hand, I ask him if I can pray for him and his family. He wipes his eyes and says, “Yes please pray for us.”

I close my eyes and I can hear words that are coming from my heart. I can feel his pain as tears are falling from his eyes, and then I hear the words, “in Jesus’ name we pray.”

I embrace this young and encouraged him to be strong and of good courage. I reminded him that God will be with him and to continue praying and asking God for direction and courage during these difficult times. I promised that I would continue to pray for him, and that my prayer would be for God to put back together this family, because with God all things are possible and with forgiveness and love all things can be worked out. The worried look has left his face and his voice seems a bit stronger.
I return home praising God for hearing this young man’s cries and grateful that He has this family in the palm of His hands.

No one should walk alone in times of difficulties. It is good to have Some 1 to cling to,

Some 1 who listens,
Some 1 who cares,
Some 1 who will not judge or criticize,
Some 1 who will stand by your side.
Some 1 that you can trust,
Some 1 who will always be near and never leaves you.
Some 1 who will be closer to you than a brother.
Some 1 who will sit with you through the dark hours.
Some 1 who holds your future and has good plans for you.

I know Some 1 just like that. Let me introduce you to my friend, The Lord Jesus Christ.

The question of who wins the battle between God and Satan has already been answered: God wins. The question remains, are you ready for Jesus’s return?

Some have already confessed Jesus Christ as their Lord and have accepted the rule of Christ over their lives. If Jesus rules in your life, you can be sure that you are ready, but you still have to live in this sinful world. You are still subject to the sorrows and miseries that sin has brought upon the earth. But be encouraged that the day is coming when the Lord will return.

Others, are not ready for His return. They are still living for themselves and their own pleasures. They believe that they know what is best for them. They want to live their lives without any restrictions. 

If this is you, I want to take this opportunity to clear up any misconception that you may have about God’s laws and His ways. The very rules you balk at, the rules you seek to ignore or continue to break, are the very rules God has given for your protection. They are rules He has given to keep you from hurting yourself.

You can certainly go on violating God’s laws, but if you choose to do so, you have no one to blame for the resulting pain you are causing yourself and your loved ones! You can’t blame God for the consequences of your choices.

I pray that your heart would be open to receive the free gift of salvation that only comes through Jesus. My life has been changed, the same is being offered to you. If you want prayer or have questions, please feel free to contact us at jobbaleon@aol.com.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORD 4 TODAY - “Put on Jesus”

“We All Go The Way of Grace”

Ducati Gutierrez