Song of Solomon 5

Song of songs 5 more wonderful than any other. 
Cut & paste to listen song
As you read Chapter 5, it is amazing that the Lord found it necessary for this book to be included into the bible, because as men and women, there is so much that we can gleam from this love story.

Young Man (The Lord)

I have entered my garden, my treasure, my bride! I gather myrrh with my spices
and eat honeycomb with my honey. I drink wine with my milk.
The Lord has come looking for sweet intimacy with you, even during the times when we lest expect Him.
Young Women of Jerusalem
Oh, lover and beloved, eat and drink! Yes, drink deeply of your love!

Young Woman (You)

I slept, but my heart was awake, when I heard my lover knocking and calling:
Open to me, my treasure, my darling, my dove, my perfect one.
My head is drenched with dew, my hair with the dampness of the night.”
Such words of deep affection and comfort, as He longs for fellowship with His Beloved.

Young Woman (You)

But I responded, “I have taken off my robe.
Should I get dressed again? I have washed my feet.
Should I get them
soiled?
Oh how carelessly we respond to our Beloved. We make those excuses about too busy, cares for family, work and we miss that opportunity for sweet fellowship with Him, who desires to speak to you.

Young Woman (You)

My lover tried to unlatch the door, and my heart thrilled within me.
I jumped up to open the door for my love, and my hands dripped with perfume.
My fingers dripped with lovely myrrh as I pulled back the bolt.
I opened to my lover, but he was gone!
My heart sank.
Oh that feeling of knowing that you missed your blessed opportunity to be in the Presence of Your Lover. Too often we stop seeking Him too soon. Just as He is ready to bring you into His loving arms, we give up, or we get up too soon from our quiet time.
Or maybe for you, the storm of life has hit, and you find yourself in the middle of the storm. Alone, discouraged and confused. You sense the Beloved knocking at the door of your heart. You are not sure if it is Him. You are not sure what to do? You hesitate ….
You know that you missed that glorious moment, and your heart grieves and longs for Him.
Young Women (You)
I searched for him but could not find him anywhere. I called to him, but there was no reply.
The night watchmen found me as they made their rounds.
They beat and bruised me and stripped off my veil, those watchmen on the walls.
Oh, the reality of being away from His Presence or out of His Perfect Will. There will be challenges, difficulties, testing and struggles that you will face. But the grace and beauty will be, how will you respond? Let’s look at this wise and godly counsel, she learns.

Young Woman (You)

Make this promise, O women of Jerusalem — If you find my lover, tell him I am weak with love.

Young Women of Jerusalem

Why is your lover better than all others, O woman of rare beauty? What makes your lover so special that we must promise this?
How would you respond to this when asked?
Do you hesitate?
Do you have an answer to, “What is it about Him that causes you to be in love with Him?”
Yes, know this! Many will ask about this Lover of Your soul. Be ready in season and out to preach the word, convince, rebuke and exhort with all longsuffering.  2 Timothy 4:2
Young Woman (You)
(1) My lover is dark and dazzling, better than ten thousand others! 
(2) His head is finest gold, his wavy hair is black as a raven.
(3) His eyes sparkle like doves beside springs of water; they are set like jewels washed in milk.
(4) His cheeks are like gardens of spices giving off fragrance.
(5) His lips are like lilies, perfumed with myrrh.
(6) His arms are like rounded bars of gold, set with beryl.
(7) His body is like bright ivory, glowing with lapis lazuli.
(8) His legs are like marble pillars set in sockets of finest gold.
(9) His posture is stately, like the noble cedars of Lebanon.
(10) His mouth is sweetness itself; he is desirable in every way.
(11) Such, O women of Jerusalem, is my lover, my friend.
Wow, what a wonderful description of Her Beloved, Her Lord, Her Savior. Let us take a closer look at this amazing description of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Verse 1 – Your Lover is better than any other and you have 10,000 reasons why. He is my "all". He is my song in times of affliction. He is my teacher of what is good, pure and noble.  I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10 

Verses 2 -5 – Speaks of his wonderful characteristics that are more beautiful that any others’ and more amazing that what is known in the world. His humility, His Peace, His forgiveness, His mercies, His gentleness, His joy and His Love.

·        Have you looked into His eyes of Love?

·        Have you been kissed by His lips filled with His fragrance of Joy, Forgiveness?

·        Have you kissed Him with your fragrance of worship, obedience and prayers?

Verses 6-10 – Speaks of His characteristics; The Almighty, Powerful, His Majestic Rule over all and that He is Your Banner

·        Have you experienced His many names in your life?

El-Olim,  -  "He is ALL Powerful"  -  Genesis1:1

El-Shaddai,  –  "The Ruler of your heart"  - Genesis 17:1-2 

Jehovah-Nissi  -  "He covers you and is Your Banner"  -  Exodus 17:15-16 

Verse 10 – His Word which is sweeter than honey to your soul and most desirable above all.

1 Peter 2:2, Jeremiah 15:16, Psalm 119:11, 133 and so many more scriptures that teaches you His ways and more about His Love towards you.

·        Are you feeding yourself with His spiritual food?

·        Is He directing your footsteps?

·        Has He captured your heart?

Let’s make some time this week to read over Chapter 5. Allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you.

Allow for some quiet time where you can speak to the Lover of your soul, and allow Him to fill you with His wonderful work of Love.

Allow yourself to experience Him ministering to you with words of love. His words will fill your cup overflowing, and you will be ready to pour out this amazing love to your spouse and children. The sweet fragrance of myrrh will fill your workplace.

I will go before you and make the crooked places  straight;
I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.
I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places
That you may know that I, the 
Lord,
who called you by your name, I Am the God of Israel.

                                                                                Isaiah 45:2-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”