Song of Solomon - Chapter 3


Song of songs 3, more wonderful than any other
Cut & paste this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3wwWFsSlNQ
Young Woman  (you)
One night as I lay in bed, I yearned for my lover. I yearned for him, but he did not come. So I said to myself, “I will get up and roam the city searching in all its streets and squares.
I will search for the one I love.”
  I searched everywhere but did not find him.
The watchmen stopped me as they made their rounds, and I asked, “Have you seen the one I love?”
Such diligence! She realizes that she has been away from Her Beloved and longs for Him. What love she has for Her Beloved.
Then scarcely had I left them when I found my love! I caught and held him tightly then I brought him to my mother’s house, into my mother’s bed, where I had been conceived.
She tells herself that she must go find Him and searches frantically everywhere for Him, until she finds Him. Upon finding she tightly holds on to Him and brings Him back into to an intimate relationship.
May our heart and love for Jesus be like that of this Shulammite Bride!    
Promise me, O women of Jerusalem  by the gazelles and wild deer not to awaken love until the time is right.
Again the warning for us all “not to awaken True Love until the time is right”.
Young Women of Jerusalem
Who is this sweeping in from the wilderness,  like a cloud of smoke?
Who is it, fragrant with myrrh and frankincense and every kind of spice?
Look, it is Solomon’s carriage surrounded by sixty heroic men
, the best of Israel’s soldiers.
They are all skilled swordsmen, experienced warriors. Each wears a sword on his thigh,
ready, to defend the king against an attack in the night.
King Solomon’s carriage is built,
 of wood imported from Lebanon. Its posts are silver, its canopy gold; its cushions are purple.
Its interior was a gift of love by the young women of Jerusalem.
Young Woman  (you)
Come out to see King Solomon, young women of Jerusalem.[b]
He wears the crown his mother gave him on his wedding day, His most joyous day.
Her Beloved is now also Her King. He quickly is coming and with Him are His angels. She recognizes His Presence because of His fragrant aroma and can see His Majesty and Glory.
His greatest possession is the interior, for it was a gift of love by His young saints. THAT IS LOVE …. True Love ….
Selah … This means stop and meditate on these 6 verses. Grab your journal and write your thoughts of what the psalmist just penned.
Journal also of what the Holy Spirit is saying to you thus far in these chapters.
That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height, to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.    Ephesians 3:17-19   
 In a wedding, there is a vow made by the Bride (you) to Honor, to Obey and to Love. And the Bridegroom makes a vow to Keep, to Protect, to Care and to Provide for all your needs.

Journal your thoughts about you and your Bridegroom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”