Song of Solomon 6

 Song of songs 6, more wonderful than any other.

Cut & paste to listen song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvnbfypZ4wY

In this Chapter 6, we can learn of their devotion for one another, their strong admiration of love and their descriptive words of love for each other. 

Ask yourself, do I see  similarities in my relationship with the Lord? 
If not, why? What is hindering and interfering? How can you make your relationship deep and stronger? And "When" do you want to start?


Young Women of Jerusalem 
Where has your lover gone, O woman of rare beauty?
Which way did he turn so we can help you find him?
Others can see Jesus in your life when you are deeply in love with Him. And in due season they will turn to you for help, prayer or questions, all in God’s perfect time.

Young Woman  (You)

My lover has gone down to his garden, to His spice beds, to browse in the gardens 
and gather the lilies.
I am my lover’s, and my lover is mine. He browses among the lilies.
What a response! No hesitation as she answers with such boldness and reassurance.
How wonderful to know that you belong to the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings. Such knowledge should make you hungry to follow Him. Lovingly and freely, may you daily be reminded that You are His Beloved!
·        How does this verse speak to your heart?
·        Will you walk in this Truth?

Young Man  (The Lord)

You are beautiful, my darling, like the lovely city of Tirzah.
Yes, as beautiful as Jerusalem, as majestic as an army with billowing banners.
Turn your eyes away, for they overpower me. Your hair falls in waves, like a flock of goats winding down the slopes of Gilead.
Your teeth are as white as sheep that are freshly washed. Your smile is flawless, each tooth matched with its twin.
Your cheeks are like rosy pomegranates behind your veil.
The perfection of Jesus in us. This is what the Creator of this universe looks upon when He sees His child …   perfection. 

We all know and understand that this does not mean perfection in or of ourselves! No, for Paul reminds us that we daily struggle with ourselves and there is nothing good in us.

Romans 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells”

But because of God’s amazing grace, and the precious blood of Jesus, we are a new creation and this is what He sees! Perfection, because of the work at Calvary ….. 
Even among sixty queens and eighty concubines and countless young women,
I would still choose my dove, my perfect one—the favorite of her mother, dearly loved by the one who bore her.
The young women see her and praise her; even queens and royal concubines sing her praises,
 “Who is this, arising like the dawn, as fair as the moon, as bright as the sun, as majestic as an army with billowing banners?”
Amazing Love, how can it be? The Lover of your soul chooses you every time!

Young Woman  (You)

I went down to the grove of walnut trees and out to the valley to see the new spring growth,
to see whether the grapevines had budded or the pomegranates were in bloom.
Before I realized it, my strong desires had taken me to the chariot of a noble man.
I enjoy the penned words here. Let’s note “my strong desire,” (a longing for or a strong craving) will draw you to the King of Kings!
·        Pray that you will “crave’ being with Him. Just as we “desire” the time and love of our children or spouse, may we develop that type of a “longing” for Him.
Look at the words used “Chariot of a noble man”. What a wonderful description of a “King” that is stable, strong, powerful, honorable, superior, gallant, good and just.
I must confess that I did not know, understand or believe that Jesus could love me in such a manner. For many years I sat in church without the truth of how much I was loved. It wasn’t until my 13th year in the Lord, when “His Love” filled my heart and mind. Now I do my best to remind His children of the wonderful gift of His Love that we have.
·        Oh, how He loves you so!
·        If you are in that place where you do not understand His love, please reach out to me or anyone you know and have them go over scriptures and pray for you. It will make all the difference in your walk and in your life with others!
Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!
But each day the Lord pours his unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing his songs, praying to God who gives me life.
I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness.

Young Women of Jerusalem

Return, return to us, O maid of Shulam. Come back, come back, that we may see you again.

Young Man  (The Lord)

Why do you stare at this young woman of Shulam, as she moves so gracefully between two lines of dancers?
Selah. 
This love story continues to get better and better. May I encourage you to think upon these chapters and mediate on His perfect Goodness and Love.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble,
whatever things are just, whatever things are pure,
whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report,
if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—

meditate on these things.         Philippians 4:8


                                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”