Song of Solomon 8

 Song of songs 8, more wonderful than any other
Cut & paste to listen song
This last chapter of the Song of Solomon are instructions for a marriage.



Marriage is between a male and a female “And the Lord God said,
“It is not good that man should be alone. I will make him a helper comparable to him.’
Therefore, a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and they shall become one flesh.    Genesis 3:18, 24
Now as they become One they will put each other first.... it will no longer be mom who is #1 nor is it dad. Self will no longer be # 1 ...  it will need to be your beloved who is now #1.

Young Woman  (You)

Oh, I wish you were my brother, who nursed at my mother’s breasts. Then I could kiss you no matter who was watching, and no one would criticize me.
I would bring you to my childhood home, and there you would teach me. I would give you spiced wine to drink, my sweet pomegranate wine.
Your left arm would be under my head, and your right arm would embrace me.
Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right.
The expression reference here is about family and childhood, things with which you are familiar with, as you ready yourself for this glorious union.

Young Women of Jerusalem

Who is this sweeping in from the desert, leaning on her lover?
This is how we should be always and forever …. Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 

Young Woman  (You)

I aroused you under the apple tree, where your mother gave you birth, where in great pain she delivered you.
Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm.
For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as enduring as the grave.
Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame.
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can rivers drown it.
If a man tried to buy love with all his wealth, his offer would be utterly scorned.
Love, trust, honor, sexual love, communication, respect, commitment to one another; these things are what should be associated with marriage. 
     ·        Marriage is the commitment to work out differences that will arise.
·        There is no giving up on one another; there is no turning back or quitting.
·        Marriage is a precious gift which should be cared for as such.
·        Marriage is sacred to God which should be honored as such.

The Young Woman’s Brothers

We have a little sister too young to have breasts.
What will we do for our sister if someone asks to marry her?
If she is a virgin, like a wall, we will protect her with a silver tower.
But if she is promiscuous, like a swinging door, we will block her door with a cedar bar.
Let’s take heed to the Word of God
You cry out, “Why doesn’t the Lord accept my worship?”
I’ll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you
and your wife made when you were young. 
But you have been unfaithful to her,
though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.
Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? 
         In body and spirit you are His. 
And what does he want? Godly children from your union. 
So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth.   Malachi 2:14-15

Young Woman  (You)

I was a virgin, like a wall; now my breasts are like towers.
When my lover looks at me, he is delighted with what he sees.
Solomon has a vineyard at Baal-hamon, which he leases out to tenant farmers.
Each of them pays a thousand pieces of silver for harvesting its fruit.
But my vineyard is mine to give, and Solomon need not pay a thousand pieces of silver. But I will give two hundred piece to those who care for its vines. 

Proverbs 18:22  The man who finds a wife finds a treasure,and he receives favor from the Lord

Young Man  (The Lord)

O my darling, lingering in the gardens, your companions are fortunate to hear your voice.
Let me hear it, too!
Are you stirred within your heart to spend some treasurable quiet moments with the Lover of Your Soul? Allow Him to allure you into the private gardens of your soul, as He softly whispers, “Come, beloved come!”

Young Woman  (You)

Come away, my love! Be like a gazelle or a young stag on the mountains of spices.
Then one of the seven angels who held the seven bowls containing the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come with me! I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”    Revelation 21:9  

Comments

  1. Thank you again Lydia. Thank you Lord. FOR taking Delight in me Lord. Your Love for me is so overwhelming! JESUS THE LOVER OF MY SOUL. Jesus I will not Let you Go! You are Lord of all! I made a covenant with you my beloved! I love you Lord. Lydia the Lord has used you to explain so clearly the meaning of The song of Solomon n marriage with his bride.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”