Farmer at Heart

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.” 1 Corinthians 3:6-8

How many times have you ministered to a friend and later find yourself wondering how they are doing? Did your words plants seeds? Are those seeds being watered?
These are questions that you would ask after you had an opportunity to talk and pray with someone. For example last month I had a chance to see some family out in the Midwest. It is always a great time when you are with family. To me these visits become “my mission field” because I do want to see my family come to Jesus.

I stay alert looking for an opportunity to pray with them or talk with them so I can point them to Jesus. I like using scriptures or a bible references and try not to preach to them, because that’s not my style.

So like a farmer, you’re not sitting around waiting for this crop to come forth, instead your spirit begins to pray, “Lord please send someone to water and continue to give the increase to Your crop. Do this all for your glory”. 

You always want a great season for the ministry. You want plenty of water (Spirit) with plenty of sun (Word) because you want a plentiful and fruitful season, all for the glory of the Lord.

Let’s Pray
Father, we ask for a spirit of boldness to speak your Words of Life to our friends and family. Put in our hearts the love and compassion to reach out to them, so that they may know your love and have their lives transforms and their homes restored.
Do you see what God sees?    
When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. He said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.    Matthew 9:36-38
                                                        

Comments

  1. Amen. Thank you Lydia. Lord may I continue to yield my spirit unto you Father God. That when and wherever I go in may be Ready to share your Truth n Love to the Lost sheep. Lord I am the clay You are the potter. Mold me n make me unto your design. This is what I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Shirley.
    This reminds me of one of my current favorite, quotes; When you have
    more than you need, build a bigger table, not a higher fence.
    Thanks for making room at the table my friend ❤

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”