The Cross and The Crucified One


Colossians 3:2-3 
Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.”

In this chapter I pray that the Holy Spirit will be with us as He reveals the mystery of Christ hidden in God. May our hearts be opened to the Spirit.
This is a letter written by a seminary graduate taken from Born Crucified.
I praise God for making known onto me that the riches of Christ are mine by grace, which were accomplished through the death and resurrection of Christ.
For so long I struggled to get to a place where, it wouldn’t be this constant up and down existence and I sincerely desired a victorious Christian life. The more I worked for it, the more miserable I became. I tried to attain it by prayers, obedience and making promises and vows to the Lord, but all to no avail. For my way of thinking, that by works I could be saved from the power of sin, was just that. My own thinking.
It wasn’t until the truth of my having to identify with Christ’s death, that I was able to see for the first time what Paul meant when he said, “God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me and I unto the world.” Galatians 6:14
This was the revelation that gave me the power over sin and the understanding that my deliverance could only come through faith as I needed to recognize my need to die to my flesh.
I praise the Lord for the Cross, for when all hope failed of ever shaking off the shackles of sin, it was through the Cross where I became a victor over the power of sin. When nothing else could avail, it was death that set me free.       
Write your thoughts
A Crucified Life in Christ
In the light of the Cross, sin’s dominion is “no more.” So now we must see and walk in the truth that we are hidden in Christ with God.
In this newness, we must say to temptation “No” and it should carry with it the power of the inward presence of the risen Lord. Your life must now be obedient unto death under the severest temptations and testing.
We cannot experience this truth in becoming One with Christ in death and resurrection by mere lip service. We must be a living participant by the Holy Spirit through a new death to self as you put the old nature on the Cross.
In coming to rest in Christ crucified, we must go through harsh struggles, discouragement and hard work in our lives and in our walk. It is hard to unlearn “self” and we must reckon ourselves dead unto sin at all cost!

Let us cry out, like Paul, Romans 7:23-25 

“But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord!
For then, the Spirit of God will raise you up. Romans 8:11
             “But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, 
He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you”.

Write a prayer



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”