The Cross and Methods


 This chapter will help us to see the beauty and the importance of the Gospel. We know that it is the gospel that brings salvation to those who hear and to the heart that believes it. That is the mystery of the gospel.
I never understood how important it is that I do my part of bringing the gospel of Jesus to those around me and to those that I love. In my naivety it was always my understanding that I just had to invite them to church or events at church and God would do the rest.
I was ashamed of the gospel of Jesus and therefore I never shared the hope I have experienced since I heard the gospel and ask Jesus into my heart. I always felt afraid of what people would say or think. I made many excuses for not sharing the good news. Satan really had me fooled into thinking that I didn’t need to speak to people about the wonderful things that God has done for me. I thought that God can use my testimony of the things that He has been doing and continues to do in my life.
I was putting God in charge of doing what He commands us all to do –
Matthew 28:16
            “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the             Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit”.
I was so afraid to speak up and I never shared Jesus with those around me. I never told them that “Jesus loves you and can change your life in such a powerful way” or that they can find the hope, the joy, the peace and the courage to change their life through the power of God.
I didn’t have the desire as I do today, to want to see my family, friends, neighbors and colleagues living a life filled with love, hope and faith.
We can see so many lost people who have no hope, and without hope there is no love or faith. I need to ask God for boldness so that I can share Jesus with those who need to hear that Jesus loves them and to boldly remind them that there is hope and there is a God that has made the way for all to come to Him just as we are.
Take me for an example, of what God has done for me. I wasn’t looking for God, but He found this broken and hurting woman who was so deep in sin. I didn’t know that I was lost and in need of God to come into my life.
I had learned well the methods taught to me by religion and I believed that I was a good person. But it wasn’t until I heard that “God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, to die for my sins and to bring me back to Him.
I was lost and without hope in religion. But I heard the gospel and my heart was open to ask Jesus to come into my life. I have not been the same since. I still have many things that I must rid myself from, but I am not the same broken and hurting woman He found many years ago.
Let’s look at scriptures about “the gospel” that will help us to understand its importance. The gospel in the Word of God is described as:

 the kingdom of God - Matthew 24:11-14 

  And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

“the grace of God- Acts 20:24 

  But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by
  the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.

 the power of God” - Romans 1:16 

            For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes, the Jew first and the Gentile.

“salvation “- Ephesians 1:13 

            And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, He identified you as his own by giving you
the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago.

“the peace of God- Ephesians 6:10-17 

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared. In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST
The gospel of Jesus Christ is so important to mankind that even angels have come to proclaim the good news to them.
Revelation 14:6 
And I saw another angel flying through the sky, carrying the eternal Good News
to proclaim to the people who belong to this world—to every nation, tribe, language, and people.
Luke 2:8-14
That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of
the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them.
"Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. 
The Savior, yes, the Messiah, the Lord has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of             David! And you will recognize him by this sign: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in strips of cloth, lying in a manger.”

LET’S LOOK CLOSER AT OUR HEART
How does these scriptures speak to you?

Won’t you share with someone who is in need?

If you are afraid to speak the truth for Christ, are you also afraid to stand for Christ?

If you are a Christian and cannot speak up about the love and joy in your life, how are you going to do it in the end times when your life will be required of you?

Let’s pray for our Christian community to stand up, be bold and share the wonderful good news, “that a Savior has been born”. Our schools, our families, our country and the world all need to hear that there is hope, love and faith.

But the greatest of these is love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”