In Loving Memory of Cesar Salazar



This week was a week of reflection, old childhood memories, lots of tears and shared some laughter with our memories of Cesar.

Everyone has the same message about this young man. Polite, kind and cared much for those whose path crossed his. Overall, this man loved all sports and lived his life the way he thought was best. Cesar was remembered by many family members and friends as a kind and funny soul.

I still have a hard time understanding why he wanted to be alone while dealing with his illness (heart failure, diagnosed in 2019). 

But I had to learn, how we all have the ability to make choices and people will not always understand or like the decisions we make. At the end of the day, it is our choice and people (like me) need to accept it. We aren't asked to like it nor to understand it, but to respect it.

Little brother, I love you and still do not like the way we had to end our days here on earth. But I do respect you for making YOUR decision. We had fun arguing about everything under the sun, because we loved to push one another into thinking openly and to see both sides. Thank you for all the wonderful arguments we had over the years and for calling me out when I needed it.

Rest now my little brother. You are free from medications, doctor visits and waiting on taking your last breathe. You peacefully went home just as you had planned. 

Know that I will continue to hold you close til we meet again.

Di, thank you for this awesome short video and for putting Cesar's life into music and memories! It's tough to watch, but I am so grateful knowing how we all had a special place in Cesar's life. He loved much and gave much to us all…

I ask for no phone calls at this time please.

Comments

  1. You give so much..its time to give to yourself..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”