AETATEM

Aging is a wonderful phrase of life when you have a good sense of humor and attitude. 

As I am now officially retired, I can share with you that it has been a sense of freedom. I would not have thought of retirement in that way, but now I do not have the urgency of time.

I can plan to do the things that I have wanted to do.... paint, author a book, spend quality time with friends and family and experience new places.

My heart is open to meeting people and sharing life experiences with them, in order that we may encourage one another. Really there are no limits!

The reality is that I am still trying to navigate my emotions. After serving others for so long, how do I now serve myself? 

I have thoughts of travel (Italy and Wyoming), new adventures (train ride to visit family) and so much more. So where do I begin?

For now, I need to put into words what I am feeling, what I want, and what can I give? 

Usually I can find myself when I write or sit still. There I allow my thoughts and emotions to wander freely until I can see clearly.

I have come to understand that work for me will continue, only it will be different.

One thing I know and that is, I need to spend quality time with family and friends. There are no excuses for not making time for lunch or a cup of coffee. Suzie, that’s an invitation.

This is a fresh start for me. I am excited to see how this new chapter turns out.

Job leon


Comments

  1. I totally agree with you. Let’s plan for coffee or tea. I’m in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m so happy for new beginnings yes let’s get together and have fellowship

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”