El Roi

As we continue in the study on The Names of God, today we will learn of "El Roi".

This is a Hebrew name for Yahweh / Jehovah, meaning the "God Who See Me."

You can find the story of Hagar, who by the way, was the woman who called God, 'El Roi" in Genesis 14 - 16.

I found her story to be one that many of us can relate to, because she was a parent. As you read or think back on this story, these are some of the notes and questions that I would like to share with you. 

In this lesson we can find life applications in this story of Hagar, a servant of Sarai who will have her own experience with God.

·      As Sarai, was waiting on God, she got impatient and offered her servant, Hagar to her husband?

Application: What can you learn about waiting on God from Sarai’s mistake?

·      Hagar conceived a son by Abraham, but her attitude changed, why? 

Question: When blessed by God, how is your attitude, honestly?

Question: How do you keep your pride from boasting?

Application: To keep your heart humble and filled with gratitude, what changes can you make?

·      Hagar was told by the Angel of the Lord to return and submit to her master (Regarding Submission)…

Submission to God might be difficult to understand and even more so, to obey. It takes time for you and me to trust God enough to begin to surrender to Him those areas in our lives that are very delicate and difficult for us.

Question: If you are honest, have you learned to willingly submit to God?

Application: Instead of running away, what will it take for you to give God and yourself a chance to trust Him?

Question:  What can you learn from Hagar’s experience with God?

Application:  When you feel invisible and forgotten how can Hagar’s experience with God help you?

Prayer

O Lord, I am perfectly loved and fully known by You.

You look upon me, as your very own.

I am Highly favored and much loved by You.

Let my heart always be reminded of how You always see me,

Even when I tend to forget that You are there.






Comments

  1. This one hits home. This is one of my biggest problems, pride. I've always had issues with being too prideful. I try being humble n submitting to God but guess who gets in the way. I've got many issues that I need to address n will take alot of work to get where I'm supposed to be. Submit is something that has never been a friend of mine but it's something I have to change. Much work ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, submission & pride. These areas are our Achilles heel (weakness or vulnerable points).
    I believe that we all struggle in these areas. Let's get the heart to willingly make the changes that we need to be more like Jesus. I'm with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”