Your Name 4 God

As our study group has been on this journey of understanding the various names of God, I am reminded that it is us (the human) who see God’s character and tries to describe it by giving it a name and making a memorial at the place where God met us.

Like Abraham when God provided the ram in the bush in place of Issac having to be the sacrifice.
Abraham trusted God on that journey to go sacrifice Issac, just as God instructed him.

After the testing of Abraham’s heart, God was pleased with Abraham’s faithfulness. The ram was found in the bush and Abraham used it, in the place of Issac. 
Abraham called that place “Jehovah Jireh” which means “God Will Provide”.

God has called each of us “to come to the altar and place our sacrifice” upon it.  Ok, let’s examine ourselves:

1) What did you do when God asked you to “come and sacrifice?”

2) Did your attitude change?

3) Did you place your sacrifice on the altar?

4) Did your sacrifice please God?

5) What name would you give God after that experience?

You are welcomed to share by leaving a comment with “your Name 4 God”

All 4 His glory 
job Leon

Comments

  1. Through many years of my younger life I have been in so many situations where I could have n should have been hurt or even possibly died due to that particular situation but for some reason I made it through without a scratch n I have to believe it was Jesus who guarded over me every time n for that I have to name Him my PROTECTOR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!
      Thank you for sharing.
      I love when God and Moses had the dialog about facing Pharoah and ask that he let God’s people go.
      Moses asked the Lord, “who shall I tell them (the Israelites) has sent me?
      Trip on God’s response.
      Tell them that “I AM” has sent you.
      Wow … the Israelites knew exactly who I AM is.
      That is just like us today. When you say “my shield and my protector”, we know who exactly you are talking about!
      “I AM” is our Jehovah. The great I AM, who is all you need Him to be.
      Thanks 4 sharing…
      Blessings to you …

      Delete
  2. To me, God has been a “Husband” and a “Father” to my children. Therefore, I will call Him “Beloved Husband”.
    He has taken away my shame, and given me a new heart.
    “I will go where He goes. I will stay where He stays and His people will be my people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WORD 4 TODAY - “Put on Jesus”

“We All Go The Way of Grace”

Ducati Gutierrez