Awaiting Your Arrival



My dear first grandchild, I am not sure where to start or what I want to say. You see, I never thought about having you come into my life before.

Such a surprise to learn that you my dear child was already being perfectly fitted and well put together by God within your Mama’s womb. It was July 29, 2023 on a Saturday when your Daddy came over with the above box and the note was inside.

Both your Auntie Di and I let out a scream of joy and surprise. We were talking at a 200 miles an hour, and for us Puerto Ricans that is just about right, when we get excited. As you can see, someone thought that you would be a boy. But you showed us all then that there would be no stopping you once you make up your mind!

So glad that you are almost here. Your due date is not until 3/11/2024, so we still have 11 days to go (less than 2 weeks).

I try to imagine what you would look like? Tiny, light, crying, and perfect. Will you know your Dad? Will you recognize his voice? Will you wonder who are all these people and why do they keep looking at me?

I have so much to share with you about your Daddy, about life, about God and of course about our family. I am blessed to have you in my life and I wonder what fun things we will do?

But for now, I will write about you until the day that our eyes meet. 

Oh, by the way, your Mama has named you ……Camila Penelope Gutierrez.. How fitting is your name!

“A good name is to be chosen rather than great riches”
 That is from proverbs 22:1, where the great and wise Solomon reminds us to carefully choose a name for it far more valuable than having riches.
What do you think about that?

We have so much to say and do. But for now, I am awaiting your arrival….

To: Camila.  From: Grandma 
You came straight from God’s heart to your amazing parents! You are loved

Psalm 139:13-18
“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous! How well I know it.

You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born!

Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God!
They are innumerable! I can’t even count them; 
they outnumber the grains of sand!

And when I wake up in the morning, You are still with me”

   

1    

1

Comments

  1. Great first words to your granddaughter. In the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! Lydia & also to The parents
      This is exciting news & a praise report ! Of how good out God is. I’m so happy for you. I love your letter well said & a blessing it touch my heart. Thank you for sharing the wonderful news my prayers for expecting parents & my prayers for arrival of baby Camila. Again thank you for beautiful news. ❤️🙏🙌

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”