Hold Fast To God - Chapter 2


I must confess that at times, I struggle to hold on to some of the promises that God has ask me to wait upon. And then, there have been times when God has given me hope on some prayer requests that I have placed at His feet, and those prayers He quickly answered.  But at times I struggle with prayer requests that I am still holding on to. The ones that I keep close to my heart.

·        I have received God’s promise that I shall see these prayers answered
·        I even have scriptures highlighted in my bible with dates
·        I have notes in my journal of the Word God gave me so that I would faithfully stand on His true promise while I wait.

But at times, I still am doubtful and even tired of the wait.  I feel like “When Lord?”  I don’t see any change and I begin to look down rather than up to the hills where my help comes from.

·        Are you discouraged because you are still waiting on a promise made to you by God?
·        Is your faith being tested because you have yet to see that promise?
·        Do you feel alone as you struggle to hold on to your promise and has your hope weaken?

Let’s look at Luke 2: 25 – 29.   I know that we will find comfort and strength to hold on to God.

“And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem whose name was Simeon, and this man was just and devout, waiting for the Consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him.
It had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not die before he had seen the Lord's Christ.  Moved by the Spirit, he went into the temple courts. When the parents brought in the child Jesus to do for him what the custom of the Law required, Simeon took him in his arms and praised God, saying:  “Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you now may dismiss your servant in peace”.

How timely and unique this scripture is. Like Simeon, we delight in the spiritual things of God and we too have the Holy Spirit upon us that has revealed that God will answer your prayer.    
Simeon, a devout Jew desired and asked God to allow him to behold the coming of the Messiah. You may think, “What a strange request,” but that was what Simeon desired from the Lord and what he was waiting for. God promised him that he would not die until this prayer was answered.

From the tone of the scripture it may imply that Simeon was a keeper of the temple in Jerusalem where he spent much of his time and was well known.
At God’s appointed time, Simeon was directed by the Holy Spirit to the temple where he was to witness his prayer being answered. We do not know how long Simeon waited for his promise to be fulfilled, the Scriptures here do not say, just like it did not say in the case of Abraham as he waited on his promise of a child. You and I are just like Simeon and Abraham in our Lord’s eyes. Our heavenly Father knows our desires and He remembers our prayers and the promises He has made to answer them.

Like Abraham our faith will be tested and like Simeon we must faithfully continue to wait.  I challenge you to take a closer look at this scripture and see how Simeon waited.  You will find Simeon staying close to the house of the Lord and serving in the temple while waiting for God’s appointed time. I’m sure that Simeon felt the same emotions that we sometimes feel, but this scripture reminds us to hold fast to God, stay close, stay busy serving and stay focus as we wait for our appointed time! Then like Simeon, you and I will praise God for His faithfulness and say “Now Lord I am ready to go home” for my eyes have seen your promises fulfilled and my heart is at peace.

Let’s pray for one another to continue to stand on God’s Word and faithfulness as we seek Him throughout the year! Let’s continue in Prayer N fasting,








January 2016
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday





1
Joanna Blanca
Irma  Maricela          
2
3
4
Yolanda  G
5
Yoana
6
Michelle
Yolanda C
7
Lydia
8
Joanna Blanca
Irma  Maricela
9
10
11
Yolanda  G
12
Yoana
13
Michelle  
Yolanda C
14
Lydia
15
Joanna Blanca

Irma  Maricela
              16
17
18
Yolanda G

19
Yoana
20
Michelle  
Yolanda C
21
Lydia
22
Joanna Blanca

Irma  Maricela
23
24 /
31
25
Yolanda G
26
Yoana
27
Michelle
Yolanda C


28
Lydia
29
Joanna Blanca
Irma  Maricela
30


Comments

  1. Prayer Requests
    Anthony for wisdom regarding medication.
    Our Prodigals (spouses, children)
    World Wide Christian persecution

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The A B C’s of LIFE

“We All Go The Way of Grace”